The ministry of health has confirmed that out 150 samples tested negative for coronavirus today Tuesday April 07, none was positive.
Uganda’s confirmed COVID-19 cases remain at 52.
“A total of 150 samples have tested NEGATIVE for COVID-19, today,” the ministry said adding that the total number of COVID-19 confirmed cases stands at 52 in Uganda”
Health Minister Jane Ruth Aceng said all patients are in stable condition at Entebbe Grade B, Mulago, Adjumani and Hoima hospitals.
“Uganda, we can do this,” Dr. Aceng said via twitter.
The Ministry of Health through the national taskforce is tracing 2400+ missing people who arrived in country between March 7 and 22 for coronavirus testing.
Majority of the total cases are Ugandans who got infected from abroad especially Dubai and Europe.
She said the ministry has so far listed 660 contacts for follow-up. But it won’t stop at those.
The contacts of the 660 will also be tried to be identified for follow-up as well.
“You should understand that of the returnees, a big group got back into the general population and it is only the 13 of these that were traced and tested positive, clarified the health minister.
Statistics from Uganda Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) indicate that there were 5,134 direct flights from Dubai to Entebbe from March 1 to March 22.
Between the 7th and 22nd of March, over 2400+ travellers entered country and went straight to the population.