back to top
Не можете найти рабочее Кракен зеркало? Хватит рисковать, переходя по сомнительным ссылкам. Единственный надежный и безопасный вход в систему — это bhr-q.com.
HomeHealth|NewsCoronavirus: 22 Foreigners Told To Leave Uganda After Declining Self-Quarantine

Coronavirus: 22 Foreigners Told To Leave Uganda After Declining Self-Quarantine

Published on

- Advertisement -spot_img

Uganda’s ministry of health on Sunday said at least 22 foreign nationals would return to their home countries amid rising fears of the spread of coronavirus.

Uganda is hosting the Uganda –Europe Business forum starting tomorrow (March 9) to March 10.
“Yesterday, we received 22 passengers from the Category 1 countries who were identified by our health workers at the airport. None of them exhibited signs and symptoms of COVID19. We informed them about our procedure of self-quarantine for 14 days. However, they were not willing to undergo this self-quarantine. Today, they will return to their home countries,” Minister of Health, Dr Ruth Aceng said on Sunday.
Currently, Uganda has no confirmed or suspected case of COVID19.

Tourist in Egypt becomes first confirmed virus death in Africa

Uganda’s move came just hours after a German tourist died Sunday of the novel coronavirus in a Sinai resort of eastern Egypt, the first death from the epidemic recorded in Africa.
“The 60-year-old German citizen showed symptoms of a fever (and) checked into Hurghada hospital on 6 March,” before testing positive for COVID-19, Egypt’s health ministry said in a statement.
The tourist, who arrived from Germany a week ago, died after having refused to be transferred to an isolation ward until 7 March once his breathing had been affected by “acute pneumonia”.

On Saturday, the health ministry announced 45 suspected cases of Egyptians and foreigners contracting the virus aboard a Nile cruise ship.
The boat was carrying 171 people — 101 foreigners and 70 Egyptian crew — Prime Minister Mostafa Madbouli told reporters.

Besides the cruise ship cases, Egypt has detected three cases of the virus, the first of which was announced on February 14.

The health ministry said last week that the first patient, a Chinese national, had recovered and been released.

The other two cases, a Canadian working in an oil company and an Egyptian who returned from Serbia through France, were still undergoing treatment.
Other countries, including France, have announced that six travellers returning from Egypt had tested positive for the virus.

Related

Kazo: Former Works Minister John Nasasira Applauds Museveni For Fighting Backwardness

President Yoweri Museveni on Friday took his campaign trail to Kazo District, where he...

PLU Mobilisation Director Rallies Bushenyi Supporters Ahead of Museveni Visit

Bushenyi, Uganda – The Director of Mobilisation for the Patriotic League of Uganda (PLU)...

How Commissioner For Land Registration Mugaino Defied Orders To Fraudulently Cancel Certificate of Title For Makerere Prime Land

The embattled Commissioner for Land Registration Baker Mugaino is on a hot seat for...

Intelligence Exposes Sinister Plot To Distabilise South Sudan Gov’t By External Forces

A group of dissidents based in Kenyan capital Nairobi that is involved in subversive...

More from The Capital Times

Business Boom In Namugongo Ahead Of Martyrs Day

Business has picked up this morning at Namugongo Martyrs shrine according to traders. The...

Here is why the Faras Uganda is the Ultimate Convenience Mobility App for Every Ugandan

Kampala, Uganda – In a fast-paced world where time is increasingly precious, Ugandans are...

Museveni Inaugurates De Heus State Of The Art Fish Feed Factory In Njeru, Buikwe

Njeru, Jinja: De Heus Animal Nutrition, a global leader in animal feed solutions, has...