back to top
HomeNewsCrimeAU Condemns Deadly Terror Attack in Burundi

AU Condemns Deadly Terror Attack in Burundi

Published on

- Advertisement -spot_img

The African Union (AU) Commission Chairperson Moussa Faki on Wednesday condemned the recent deadly terror attack in Burundi.

In a press release, Faki said he has learned with dismay the deadly terror attack launched at the Vugizo border post in the Gatumba region of Burundi.

The AU Commission chief further said he supports all national and regional efforts aimed at arresting and bringing to justice the terror attack perpetrators.

Faki also stressed the continuing commitment of the African Union toward the anti-terror efforts of Central Africa and Great Lakes region countries.

Last month, the RED-Tabara rebel group launched an attack in western Burundi close to the border with the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC), which left at least 20 people dead and nine injured, most of whom were women and children.

RED-Tabara is a rebel group based in eastern DRC and has been battling Burundi’s government since 2015.

Related

COSASE Probe Into CAA Corruption Flops As Director General Skips Inquiry

The House Committee on Commissions, Statutory Authorities and State Enterprises (COSASE) has declined to...

MP Zambaali Tasks Education Ministry To Impose Penalties On Schools Practising Holiday Coaching

The Shadow Minister of Sports, Hon. Bulasio Zambaali, has sounded an alarm over the...

Museveni, First Lady Janet Welcome Evangelist Dr. Ladonna Osborn At Statehouse

President Yoweri Kaguta Museveni and the First Lady, Maama Janet Museveni, today received international...

NWSC Targets 1.25M Water Connections Nationwide By 2030 As Corporation Invests In Mega Projects To Address Water Shortages In Greater Kampala

The National Water and Sewerage Corporation (NWSC) is stepping up investment in major water...

More from The Capital Times

Business Boom In Namugongo Ahead Of Martyrs Day

Business has picked up this morning at Namugongo Martyrs shrine according to traders. The...

Africa Can Feed Itself-Museveni Declares End To Food Imports With Homegrown Solutions

President Yoweri Kaguta Museveni has reiterated the importance of food self-sufficiency in Africa, stressing...

Here is why the Faras Uganda is the Ultimate Convenience Mobility App for Every Ugandan

Kampala, Uganda – In a fast-paced world where time is increasingly precious, Ugandans are...