back to top
HomeNewsCrimeTwo Indian Jwala Fireworks Executives Wanted Over Assaulting Events Promoter

Two Indian Jwala Fireworks Executives Wanted Over Assaulting Events Promoter

Published on

- Advertisement -spot_img

Police in Kampala have launched an investigation into allegations of assault against a well-known events promoter by senior managers of Jwala Fireworks Company.

The incident reportedly took place on January 1, shortly after a fireworks display in Kamwokya went disastrously wrong.

Jwala Fireworks Company had been contracted by Namaste Restaurant, located near Acacia Mall, to manage the New Year’s Eve display. However, according to the restaurant’s manager, Kaiwan Banji, the fireworks were mishandled by a blaster hired by the company, who was allegedly intoxicated at the time.

The misfire caused the fireworks to explode sideways rather than shooting skyward, posing a significant risk to the lives of revelers and nearby property. Banji expressed his concerns to Jwala management immediately after the incident but received no immediate response.

“When the blunder occurred, I called Amitesh, one of the company’s managers, but my calls were ignored. Ten minutes later, I received a dismissive callback,” Banji stated.

According to Banji, a Jwala employee named Baker inspected the scene and acknowledged the mistake. Later, Amitesh and Nirav, both allegedly intoxicated, arrived at the restaurant after 1:00 a.m. and physically assaulted Banji in a heated confrontation.

CCTV footage reportedly shows Banji being attacked by the two men, even in the presence of police officers, who were called to restore order. Banji has since filed a case of assault with Acacia Police Post under Police Case No. 37/02/01/2025.

Police have confirmed the arrest of the fireworks blaster, who was found to be under the influence of alcohol. Investigations are ongoing to determine the full extent of responsibility for the chaotic display and the subsequent assault.

Banji also submitted a written complaint to the chairman of the Indian Association, seeking intervention. “This is not just about me. It’s about ensuring accountability and justice. We cannot allow such reckless behavior to go unchecked,” he said.

The management of Jwala Fireworks has yet to release a statement regarding the incident, and efforts to reach them for comment have been unsuccessful.

As the case unfolds, the public and business community are closely monitoring police actions, eager to see whether justice will prevail or if the matter will be quietly dismissed.

Related

Engulfed Businessman Asiimwe Emmanuel Has A Case  To Answer Regarding Forgery And Uttering Forged Documents, Risks Jail If Found Guilty

In a blockbuster ruling at Buganda Road Court on Wednesday, the Chief Magistrate, His...

Mercy Kanyesigye Calls For Swift Conclusion Of Suspended NRM Youth Elections

NRM National Youth MP candidate for the 2026–2030 term, Mercy Kanyesigye, has urged the...

Uganda Law Society Launches Digital Training, Clears Global Dues, And Prepares 2029 Commonwealth Bid

The Uganda Law Society (ULS) has unveiled a new drive to modernize the legal...

Frustrated URA Commissioner Resigns, Wangwe Tipped For Top Domestic Taxes Job

The Uganda Revenue Authority (URA) is on the brink of a significant leadership shake-up...

More from The Capital Times

Business Boom In Namugongo Ahead Of Martyrs Day

Business has picked up this morning at Namugongo Martyrs shrine according to traders. The...

Uganda Adopts Kiswahili As Official Language

Uganda has adopted Kiswahili as an official language, a top government official said on...

Big Size Recap: London Parties With Legendary Bebe Cool’s Break The Chains Album Was Massive

On August 12th, Bebe Cool held a successful listener’s party at Masq London, Restaurant...