Police Investigating Mysterious Death Of prominent City Lawyer Ngobi Tony

Kampala: Uganda Police Force with sister security agencies are investigating the mysterious death of a prominent lawyer, Kanalo Ngobi Tony, whose death is linked to a bar brawl.

According to sources, Ngobi a resident of Lungujja, Rubaga, in Kampala city, and a partner at WAGABAZA & CO. ADVOCATES, passed on in the wee hours of October 17, 2021 at Mengo Hospital after unsuccessful surgery operation to remove blood clots in his brain.

This website has since established that before the deceased was was hospitalized, he was allegedly involved in a brawl with bouncers at TI Bar in Mengo in which he suffered head injuries.

Eye witnesses reveals that Tony went for a drink at TI bar and a disagreement ensued with the bouncers and one of the bouncers -currently on the run, violently pushed Tony sending him crumbling to the ground since he was already drunk. In the process, it is alleged, Tony suffered fatal injuries on the head that developed into brain clots.

They further reveal Tony did not get immediate first aid as the bouncers at the bar left him on the ground for several minutes after realizing that he had developed a serious condition which they could not handle.

They further allege that after realizing that his condition would cause commotion, the bar owner, who was also Tony’s client, intervened and Tony was taken to a nearby clinic but after Police officers on night patrol refused to take him to hospital.

Sensing danger and Wanting to cover up, our sources intimated that the bar owner who we have established at Maj Gen Elly Kayanja’s son, tried to convince police officers that he was not aware of what happened to Tony, a lie police refused to accept.

Tony was later transferred to Mengo Hospital where it was established that he had developed three blood clots near the brain which required an urgent surgery operation. His friends and family had to mobilize 6million as down-payment before a surgery operation is conducted.

After the operation, Tony showed positive signs of recovery only to pass on today morning.


Leave a Reply