Shock As Makerere Medicine Student Found Electrocuted

The Territorial Police at Makerere is investigating circumstances under which Namulinda Viola, a 23 year old, 3rd year University Student of Medicine offering Pharmacy, was found dead and in a decomposing state.

The victim was last seen on Thursday, 12/12/2019, cooking porridge at around 4pm by one of her neighbours.

She was staying alone in her room at Hollywood Hostel, Mukwenda Zone 1B, Kawempe Division, Wakiso District and had requested to remain behind and continue with her research.

It is on the 14/12/2019, that a bad smell was felt coming out of her room, with flies around, where the custodian, Kitaka Henry was alerted and he informed Makerere University Police.

The hostel warden, local leaders and Makerere Police responded and found the victims room was still locked from inside, with several flies that had covered the room.

Upon breaking and entering, the victim was found dead, with an uninsulated cable to her laptop that was still connected to the socket.

The gadgets got stuck in her hands.

The position of the body and the post-mortem indicated that she was electrocuted while connecting her laptop to the socket and killed when she simultaneously came in contact with the energized uninsulated cable.

“We would like to caution members of the public about the dangers of uninsulated live parts on cables and other electrical gadgets, because once switched on, they are energized and can be life threatening,” said police spokesperson, CP Fred Enanga.

He added: “Therefore, when using electric cables, ensure they are only used as intended; not overloaded and physically protected from any mechanical damage.”


Leave A Reply